But in the interests of upholding tradition, here's a snapshot of my year...
2016 in 16. It was the year I...
- Did my first headstand.
- Finally got my braces off!
- Actually got paid for writing.
- Got my first undercut.
- Tried synchronised swimming (and managed to injure myself so badly during the land session that, 11 months later, I still haven't fully recovered!)
- But didn't let it stop me taking up ballet, tap and contemporary.
- Or spending Valentine's Day swinging with a bunch of strangers (well, swing dancing).
- Aspired to dress like a Gucci girl every day - beret, pleats, ruffles, backless loafers, glasses and all...
- Refused to buy a top or dress that would actually keep my shoulders warm.
- Spent half the year working 9-5, shortly after declaring I didn't think I'd ever do it.
- Gave up refined sugar (for Lent, not for life)
- Ate more courgetti than actual spaghetti...
- More cauliflower rice than actual rice...
- And more ice cream made from mushed up frozen bananas than actual ice cream.
- Did the splits in mid-air.
- Fell in love with beetroot.
- Try parkour
- Try trampolining
- Publish written work in at least 2 new publications
- Act in a play or short film
- Learn to code
- Publish an outfit post a week
- Use a Bullet Journal