Saturday 8 December 2012

Fallen Angel - My Boohoo #PartyPose

To round off what's become a mini-series on sourcing and styling little black dresses with a difference (last one before I shimmy into some party outfits for you myself, promise!), I couldn't resist showing you my gothic glam interpretation of party style for the Boohoo #PartyPose challenge.

Boohoo have challenged bloggers to create their perfect party outfit from amongst the gems on their site for under £100 - the winner will not only receive £100, but also £250 to give away to their readers!

I have no hesitation in recommending Boohoo as a one-stop shop for party dressing on a budget - narrowing down the plethora of options was more of a challenge than sticking to the £100 limit (and involved several items being added to my Christmas list - thanks nana, er, I mean Santa!). My BFF bought me the Amerie disco pants for my birthday, and I've barely been out of them since (building up quite a collection of disco-based outfit shots to share with you shortly!), but I decided to let my imagination run riot with some new "fantasy" items on the site for this challenge.


Macie Maxi Dress, £30

Studs, cut-outs and a sheer maxi skirt? There was no way I could scroll past this one. I loved the juxtaposition of full-on glamourpuss with rock chick vixen, and decided to play up these contrasting elements with statement accessories, sticking to a black and gold colour palette to keep it chic.

Tula Ear Cuff, £8; Lexie Jewel Tassle Necklace, £12; Skye Oversized Bead Cluster Ring, £4

I chose contemporary, strong jewellery shapes for an off-beat, rocky feel, combined with delicate chains and elegantly shaped stones to bring in a bit of old-school Hollywood sophistication. The Lexie necklace is currently out of stock but Athena (also £12) is similar.

Lucy Peplum Belt, £10

I have waited so long for a peplum belt, and couldn't believe this one was only £10! The leather effect material and gold studs pick out the detailing on the dress perfectly - it will give the overall look an eye-popping feminine-yet-fierce silhouette.

Sara Tights, £8

Unless you have a very efficient taxi service on tap, tights are pretty much essential at this time of year (in the UK at least), but these will not only help prevent hypothermia, but add a double shot of attitude and sex appeal too - the rock chick's alternative to suspender print!

Tali Lace-Up Cutaway Wedge Boots, £25

I'm a huge fan of heel-less shoes/boots - they don't really feel much different to your standard platform wedge to wear, honest! The tough vibe of this pair balances out the more delicate jewellery to retain the fierce feel.

Total Spend: £97


Overall, I'm in love with the boho glamour meets rock diva vibe - I could see Florence Welch or Rihanna in this outfit! All I'd add is a shabby-chic faux fur to keep out the winter chills (and yes, you can find plenty on Boohoo!).

Feeling inspired? Head over to the Boohoo blog for all the challenge details.


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

11 comments:

  1. I love this post.You are a great blogger,with huge potential. Do you have facebook fan page?
    If you have time,come to see my blog,I think you will like it,maybe we can follow each other? Let me know :)

    www.liliemarlen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) A Facebook page is next on my to-do list! I will definitely visit your blog soon!

      Delete
  2. Love the necklace!

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gorgeous isn't it? I'm obsessed with collar necklaces and long dangly waterfall ones, so this one is perfection!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous items, especially that breathtaking necklace... oh, and the dress - gorgeous! :)

    lextravagance.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great outfit, love it! Congrats on winning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. You totally deserved to win chickie xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete