Sunday 10 February 2013

It's All Black and White

etailPR are hosting a competition to win £75 to spend at marc b. and £175 to spend at ASOS - once I'd had a peek at marc b.'s amazing selection of new season bags and acquainted myself with the latest additions to the ASOS treasure trove, I couldn't wait to enter!

I decided to concoct an outfit around the Molly Black Ostrich Handbag - a classic ladylike style with evocations of mid-twentieth century Hollywood, and the perfect go-anywhere accessory to this spring's monochrome mania.

Inspired by the vintage feel of the bag, I wanted to create a glamorous "starlet" silhouette with an elegant high-waisted below-the-knee pencil skirt, ladylike shoes and fascinator, but gave it a contemporary twist with playful touches like the bear ears and two-tone ankle socks. The tucked-in baseball jacket plays up the '50s Americana vibe and adds a hint of sports luxe. For a more casual feel, I'd leave the top untucked and swap the heels for black patent wedge high-tops, and the fascinator for a blinged-up baseball cap. See? Wear anywhere.


How do you feel about monochrome? I've always loved it, so I'm taking every opportunity to rock the look at the moment!


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

4 comments:

  1. I love this combo with the baseball jacket !!

    Really well done also the cap is so cool :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice mix! so amazing!

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/

    https://www.facebook.com/AryannaStyle

    ReplyDelete