Monday 4 February 2013

Rocking Baroque Into 2013: 5 More Ways to Wear Metallics

Metallics will be shimmering on into Spring/Summer again this year, so I thought I'd show you how I'm wearing them post-party season...

The Baroque Jeans


The Michaela jeans were the first thing into my basket when my Boohoo shopathon began - it was love at first sight. Although I love disco pants and velvet leggings (close enough to the "trouser" threshold to be flaunted without concern for top length), I've never really been a printed leggings girl, so I was ecstatic to find this now-iconic motif on something a bit more substantial!

As I warned in my original How to Wear Metallics post, shiny, light-coloured surfaces can make the wearer appear larger than actual size, so, unless you're seriously snake-hipped, balancing this effect out with a bit of added volume on your top half is a good idea, whether it's with a peplum or a slouchy tee or sweater. I've been sticking to a black and gold colour palette with these patterned lovelies, to avoid the 5-year-old-in-the-fancy-dress-box look, but chocolate box neutrals and rich berry tones also look great with plain gold varieties.

Lace and Leather

Jeans*: Boohoo (Current), Top: New Look (Current), Shoes and Belt: Primark (Past Seasons)

A black peplum top and killer heels work perfectly with metallic jeans for a high-octane glam look which still lets your legs do the talking (or, er, walking). A waist cinching belt emphasises curves - leather and buckles add a hit of tough girl (I did try a pretty-pretty version but decided it rendered the overall look a bit pedestrian).

Heavy Metal Princess

Jeans* and Boots*: Boohoo (Current), T-Shirt: Forever 21 (Past Season), Body Chain: Topshop

Who says you can't rock head-to-toe metallics in February? For an edgier evening look, Lita-likes and a loose tee are perfect partners... this look really wouldn't be cool if the tones matched exactly, but I think the carefree clash just saves it! I piled on a gold body chain for a final dash of rock star chic.

Blackout

Jeans*: As Above, Jumper and Trainers: Primark (Current)

*Part of my Boohoo #PartyPose People's Choice Winner's Haul

Adding some mid-winter cheer to your standard jean-jumper-trainer combo - sticking to black separates keeps it daylight-appropriate.

The Pleated Skater Skirt

Although my wardrobe seems to have experienced a great gold rush over the last few seasons, I had to have this pewter skirt... But, perhaps due to the aforementioned gilt addiction, it's been a little neglected... You might just have spotted it with my £2 bralet wonder-buy in my How To Wear Sequins post, but I was determined it would see the light of day again before next Christmas!

Slouch and Creep

Skirt: Forever 21, Jumper: Marks & Spencer (Past Season), Creepers: New Look

How to dress anything down 101 - the relaxed sweater. If I've done it once I've done it a thousand times, but it's always a winner! Grey tones in effortlessly with silver shades - I slipped on some contrasting creepers to tone the look down a little more.

Mixed Metals

Skirt and T-Shirt: Forever 21, Shoes and Pony Holder: Primark (Current), Necklace: Peacocks (Past Season)

A little DIY-alloying - I think it works well with these slightly muted metallics - the bronze-gold tee and pewter-silver skirt combination isn't too loud. I added a black and gold statement necklace to dress the look up with a bit of a Baroque vibe, whilst my new £6 Primark wonder-brogues and pony-holder keep it cute and quirky.


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

25 comments:

  1. awesome looks! thanks for dropping a comment on my blog :)
    sure, I'd love to follow each other! I'm following you already!
    Now it's your turn dear

    xx
    Nati
    4-trendy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome looks dear!!!

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/

    https://www.facebook.com/AryannaStyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your leggings...they're awesome

    http://thelittlebigobsession.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these looks. I wish I had the figure to carry off those jeans, they are amazing! You look beautiful in every single outfit, you can carry off any look, I am jealous!
    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Janine :) You have a fab figure though, I'm sure you could get away with them ;)

      Delete
  5. My favourite look out of these is probably the last one!

    Nice to see you featuring the shoes! Still can't believe we didn't see them when they were full price. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I had to choose that would probably be my pick too :) I know... at least we have them now though - and I'm £4 richer than I would have been if I hadn't had my blinkers on before!

      Delete
  6. Girl .. you wear the cutest stuff! I love those metallic jeans on you.

    Monica
    www.pear-shaped-gal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the baroque pants!

    Care to follow each other?

    http://www.justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Going to visit you in a second hon ;)

      Delete
  8. Thank you :) Going to check out your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!

    Inspiration is what I get from reading your blog,
    So that deserves a new follower :)

    Love your style and see you as such as good inspiration!!

    Please feel free to check out my blog if you have the time

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing looks!!!

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen, checking out your blog now ;)

      Delete
  11. Love the baroque jeans, and those trainers from Primark look amazing! I'll have to take a look at them on my weekle visit to Primark :)

    xo
    Maria C
    http://shoesandgloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! Definitely have a look - they are sooo comfy too!

      Delete
  12. Thanks hon, just been to visit your lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both the jeans and the skirt!!!

    Olvido Madrid
    http://olvidomadrid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete