How It Works:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
4. Choose 11 blogs you follow with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link to them in your post - you can't nominate the blogger who nominated you.
5. Let each blogger know you've nominated them.
6. Once you've fulfilled all of the above, you can save the Liebster Award graphic to use as a widget on your blog, et voila - you are the proud winner of the most exciting award since the Oscar!
11 Facts About Me
1. As well as a dancer/model/actress, I have previously worked as a tutor and therapist for children with autistic spectrum conditions, assistant research psychologist investigating psychosis, pay-on-foot machine attendant (for 2 days – never again!), and question answerer for one of those “Ask us anything/Find out what we know about you/What should you have for dinner?” texting services you see advertised on Channel 4 at midnight.
2. In 2010, I belly danced live on Channel 4, and co-hosted a mini masterclass for Lenny Henry and, er, Stacey Solomon (who weren't exactly naturals; that's me in the white).
3. I have a small part in Ron Howard’s latest film, Rush, coming out next year (as long as it doesn’t end up on the cutting room floor!) in which I enjoy a little skin-on-skin time with Chris Hemsworth, but sadly sport horrendous ‘70s fringe flicks.
4. My top 5 albums of all time are Progress (Take That), Ceremonials (Florence + The Machine), Born To Die – The Paradise Edition (Lana Del Rey), Bad (Michael Jackson) and... well I'm not really sure on the 5th, but I'll lay an educated bet on Rihanna's new one!
5. My favourite film is Pearl Harbour – it’s unjustly maligned!
6. I think Neighbours is the best thing on TV, ever - it started the year I was born, and I've barely missed an episode since.
7. While we're talking best things ever, Primark is at the very pinnacle of my list (I have no time for "I won't touch anything under £50" snobs).
8. As a teenager, 75% of my wardrobe was pink, and my most worn item was a velour tracksuit in the afore-mentioned hue.
9. My nickname at school was Barbie.
10. Top 10 on my current fantasy fashion wishlist are the following: tapestry print mini, tartan midi, fedora (preferably feathered), velvet pencil skirt, velvet leggings, coloured velvet skater dress, galaxy print jeans, mirror print pencil skirt, crombie coat, leather top.
11. If I had to swap hair with anyone else on earth, it would be Michelle Williams, but I’m too fearful that chopping off that many inches would trigger post-traumatic stress disorder!
My 11 Questions to Answer
1. What is your dream?
To choreograph and perform in my own West End dance spectacular, do some groundbreaking psychological research and/or be the next (female) Gok Wan.
2. How do you take your tea? Dare I ask...do you even like tea?
Milk, no sugar, and about 8 times a day! Preferably Twinings Rose Garden or Lavender Earl Grey.
3. Have you got any pets?
A 12-year-old cat called Geri who still looks and acts like a kitten and is treated as my (rather spoilt) younger sibling, rather than as a pet in any way.
4. When did you start your blog?
1 September 2012, after much procrastination and 11 months of daily outfit photography!
5. What are the biggest obstacles your blog has faced?
My own perfectionism, especially regarding photography! An outlay of £500+ so far, and the winter light is still besting me, argh! Also a laptop which is feeling the strain... and leaving me enough time to do anything else!
6. Favourite make-up product?
Rimmel liquid liners – I have to flick daily!
7. What are your thoughts on the number 7?
I tend to prefer even numbers... although I have a soft spot for 3.
8. Where are you from?
The outskirts of London, England... close enough to the Oxford Street Primark double whammy not to feel deprived, but far enough away to remain solvent.
9. Favourite flavour of ice-cream?
Ben & Jerry’s Oh My! Apple Pie... Ohhhh yes.
10. Do you like the cows or the carrots or c+c? (meat eater or veggie or both)
Carrots, all the way (well, along with Quorn, cheese and chocolate – not together though). In fact, I have a borderline obsession with carrots – I treat them like sweeties.
11. Where's Wally/Waldo?
He’s on the run sporting an ingenious disguise – I lent him a cloche and disco pants to replace the bobble hat and stripes.
My 11 Questions For You
1. How would you describe your style in 3 words?
2. How tall are you?
3. If you had to marry a celebrity of your choice, who would it be?
4. What did you have for breakfast?
5. What’s your most worn item of clothing this season?
6. What was your most worn item of clothing last season?
7. What was the last song/album you bought or downloaded?
8. What’s on your Christmas list (if you celebrate Christmas, or your payday treat list if you don't)?
9. Cats or dogs?
10. Velvet or leather?
11. If you could only take 3 things to a desert island, what would they be?
My 11 Nominations
2 in da House
Anatomia de Estilo
Becca Talks Beauty
La Dulcie Vita
Réflexions dans le Petit Trianon
Shoegal Out In The World
Shoes and Gloss
We Are The Wild At Heart